Re: [Xen-users] can't passthrough video card

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: bob evans <b.evans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:49:11 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:24:48 +0000

I'm sorry to send two E-mails in a row, but I just discovered some information
and maybe it could help with figuring out what's going wrong. When I boot
Windows in safe mode and go to device manager I see under "other devices" two
PCI devices with yellow exclamation marks on them. One is called Multimedia
Audio Controller, the other is called PCI device. Multimedia Audio Controller
reports PCI bus 0, device 5, function 0. PCI device reports PCI bus 0, device
3, function 0. Under "sound, video and game controllers" I see AMD high
definition audio device, and under display adapters I see AMD Radeon 7900
Series. AMD high definition audio device reports Location 0 (Internal High
Definition Audio Bus). AMD Radeon 7900 Series reports PCI bus 0, device 7,
function 0. When I go to details and look at the hardware Ids, I see that they
don't match up between the unknown PCI devices and the AMD devices. When I go
to the Devices and Printers area of my control panel I see that Windows reports
my AMD sound and video devices are working properly, but my unknown PCI device
and Multimedia Controller don't have drivers installed.