Re: [Xen-users] How do I get rid of vfb?

On 1/11/2013, at 5:32 am, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 13:41 +1300, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
>> disk = [ ‘file:/disk-image,0x1,w' ]
>
> This is why you are getting a qemu -- it is being used to provide the
> "qdisk" PV disk backend. It is not being used to provide any emulated
> devices.

That’s the magic I was missing.

> I don't think this should result in any VFBs being created, but qemu may
> be noisy about this while not creating them (you didn't quote the actual
> message so I can't say for sure).

It turns that it does change something in how the console works. Once I got rid
of qemu the command “xl console” started to work. The command "xenstore-ls -f”
shows that console/type is now “xenconsoled” instead of “ioemu”. I’ve also
noticed that console/tty is no longer empty.

> If you want to avoid qemu altogether then you will need to use the
> kernel backend, which is enabled via phy:/... pointing to whatever the
> BSD equivalent of Linux's /dev/loop is (I knew once, but can't remember
> right now).

I’ve been using NetBSD long enough that you’ve given me all the information I
need.

Thanks for the help,
Lloyd