Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV signed network drivers cause TCP connection resets on some HTTPS endpoints on Windows Server 2012 R2 guest

  • To: Mehdi El Gueddari <mehdi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:13:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 21:14:04 +0000

> Before installing the GPLPV drivers, I could load https://login.live.com just
> fine in Firefox (haven't tried other browsers but I'm assuming that, just like
> with 2012 R2, it's not browser-specific). After installing the drivers, the
> page
> fails to load with a "The connection was reset" error message from Firefox.
>
> This is weird. I could give you access to the VM if you wanted although I'm
> not sure if you'd like to spend time troublshooting an issue that appears to
> be isolated to a single machine. I haven't come accross any other mentions of
> the issue anywhere.

Can you get a tcpdump of what is going on? You'd need to do it in dom0 I think,
and using the '-s0' option to capture full packets.

Also can you confirm that there is only the one Ethernet interface active in
the DomU?

After you've done the tcpdump, can you mess around with turning off some of the
offload options (adapter settings in windows) and see if that makes a
difference.

There should be nothing strange about https though as compared to any other
protocol.

Thanks

James