Re: [Xen-users] Install vTPM on Xen-4.1.2

Thanks , I will have a try based on Linux 3.12 for DomU. I have some question.
Does it work on xen 4.3.0 or xen-unstable ?

> An important caveat here is that you don't have a complete measurement of an
> HVM domain (hvmloader and grub don't speak to the TPM), but that wasn't
> true in earlier versions of Xen for either PV or HVM, so using the older
> version
> won't improve that.
>
> >> Xen supports HVM domU in previous version 4.1.2, even though the backend
> is in Dom0.
> >> In previous vTPM, the backend driver is in Linux 2.6.18, the kernel is
> >> tough to
> build. I think it is helpful, if we enable the previous vTPM.
> >>     Does anyone maintain the vTPM backend driver?
> >>
> >> Quan Xu
> >>

> I'm not sure building the 2.6.18 backend driver would be any more helpful to
> you, since it won't talk to the frontend in 3.12. The PV stubdoms have no
> issues
> talking to an HVM frontend (at least from what I've tested).

My team tries to enable HVM VM based stubdom vTPM. 2.6.18 kernel works for HVM
domU based on legacy vTPM. As my estimate, the hvmloader is enabled with TCG
BIOS.
Then my team can integrate the hvmloader with stubdom vTPM.

> > I'm not expert in this field. You can probably make use of the classic
> > 2.6.18 kernel tree on xenbits.xen.org.
> >
> > Wei.
> >

> --
> Daniel De Graaf