Re: [Xen-users] 1 pci device passthrough for multiple guest

On Sat, 2013-11-16 at 16:24 +0100, ÃliÃs TamÃs wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a debian x64 bit dom0, xen 4.3.1. I have a SUNIX PCI card wich
> provides 8 SERIAL ports. I'd like to share this pci device among more
> guest oses (PV linuxes and a HVM windows). Is that possible somehow? (I
> already could successfully do pci passthrough for one PV guest.)
>
> Do you have other ideas how to solve this? For example is it possible to
> share one serial port with one OS and an other with other (So I'd like
> to passthrough only some device files, not whole pci devices)? Like:
>
> dom0 /dev/ttySNX0 -> domu linux PV
> dom0 /dev/ttySNX1 -> domu Windows HVM

If the PCI device provides multiple PCI functions then it should be
possible to pass through individual functions to different guests.

What does lspci show?

NB, thinking about PCI passthrough in terms of /dev/device files will
mislead you -- you need to think in in terms of the PCI bus addresses
shown in lspci.

Ian.