Re: [Xen-users] Quadrified GTX 480 VT-d passthrough. CUDA 5.5 in Linux partial success

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:51:22 +0100, Tamas Lengyel <tamas.lengyel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is something interesting however! If I do rmmod nvidia in the
domU and then remove the PCI devices from dom0 with xl pci-detach,
then add them back with xl pci-attach and run modprobe nvidia in the
domU, the problem doesn't appear anymore! I can run multiple CUDA
apps, nvidia-smi and everything "just works" after that.

Awesome find, and very strange indeed.

Something is fishy around the domU boot?

Possibly. It'll be a few days before I can cross-check on my
setup. Then again, my setup is quirky in the extreme due to
the semi-dysfunctional PCIe bridging madness going on, so
the watever I find may well be inconclusive. I got a complete
second setup with the same motherboard just for troubleshooting
and experimentation purposes (what can I say, I'm a glutton for
punishment) just so I can test and try to fix various stuff
without having to down a production machine and risk breaking
it.

Gordan