Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 seeing traffic on br0 but it's not routing

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:04:11 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:04:56 +0000

Hello.

El 22/11/13 11:18, Glenn E. Bailey III escribió:
The issue is that appears to be that bridging isn't fully working as
the DomU can't ping anything *other* than the Dom0. When I do a
tcpdump on the DomU I can see the correct arp traffic that the Dom0
should be seeing,  but I can't ping the gw on that network, again only
the Dom0 ip. Also, when I do a tcpdump on the Dom0 I can see the DomU
sending arp request trying to find the gw I'm trying to ping.
Are you watching Dom0's br0 or eth0?

Some basic config info:
Seems correct, after your update in replay to Wei Liu.
I guess, "1" is the ID of your Centos guest and vif1.0 and vif1.0-emu are also shown in ifconfig's output.

"vif1.0-emu" is new for me. Are you using HVM or PV DomU? Try dropping "model=e1000" parameter from your vif config, for sake of simplification.

Do you have any special ipfilter setup on Dom0? DROP policy in FORWARD chain, maybe? Check with "iptables -L -v".

Also, there might be something set wrong on your ethernet switch, like MAC address blocking. I have faced that in a couple occasions, they was always a real pain to troubleshoot. The only way I can think of to make sure it's not so, is to clone your DomU's MAC to Dom0's eth0 and try to ping the gateway from Dom0.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov