Re: [Xen-users] hypercall implementation

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 20:46 +0800, åäé wrote:

> I talked about PV.
>
> I know the hypercall's implementation mechanism, but hypercall's call
> tree.
>
> From the book, The Definitive Guide to Xen Hypervisor, I known that
> the "generic builder" will automatically map the hypercall page at one
> page indicated by the key "HYPERCALL_PAGE" in the guest kernel elf's
> section "__xen_guest " into the guest os' address space. I have
> searched the Xen source code. I can't find the hypercall page's source
> code. Where is it?

If you had grepped for "hypercall_page" in the hypervisor source code
then you would have found hypercall_page_initialise_*.

> In addition,  The book mentioned above describes xen' internals well
> mainly in English. In order to know Xen exactly, I think I must read
> Xen's source code. Is there some resource(book, blog, paper, etc)
> descriping Xen hypervisor mainly in C language.

The code itself is in C. I'm not aware of any books etc "mainly in C
language".

>  I need a start point in Xen's source code to explore Xen hypervisor
> or a path through it. Do you have some suggestion ? Thangks.

grep, less, vim or emacs depending on your preference.

Ian.