Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Undefined Symbol : libxl_cpu_bitmap_alloc

On 22/12/2013 15:57, John Wargo wrote:
Geniuses,

I'm not 100% sure where this should go, so I'm going to send it to users (for help) and to the development list (using 4.4-unstable).

I just updated to the latest unstable, and every time I try to create my windows 8 machine, I get the following error:

# xl -vvv create win8.cfg
Parsing config from win8.cfg
xl: symbol lookup error: xl: undefined symbol: libxl_cpu_bitmap_alloc

Your libxl.so is out of date with respect to xl.  (Although I would expect your instructions below to be sufficient)

Can you use ldd to find out which library xl is attempting to use?

~Andrew

To install it, I ran make uninstall on my old xen source.

Then I followed the usual:

git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
cd xen
./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64
make world
patch -p1 < ati-passthrough.patch
make world
make install
/sbin/ldconfig
reboot

Attached are the outputs of xl info and xl dmesg, in addition to my windows 8 config.

If any more information is needed, just ask.

-John