Re: [Xen-users] [Publicity] Xen booth at FOSDEM : invitation to community members to help man the booth, show demos, have your hand-outs there, etc.

On mer, 2014-01-01 at 13:35 +0200, Tzach Livyatan wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         It is probably the holidays: I know that Cloudious Systems
>         (the makers of OSv) are interested showing OSv running on top
>         of Xen and so do the XO guys.
>

> Indeed we are!

Great! :-)

> I'm from Cloudius-systems, we develop OSv [1] a new OS for the cloud.

Yes, we know OSv. :-)

> Xen is our major HV target, and will be happy to demo OSv running on
> Xen at the booth.
> Both myself and Pekka (cc) will be at FOSDEM.
>
> A few features we can demo:
>       * Quick boot (less than a second)
>       * Running software appliances with OSv: OSv and HAProxy, OSv and
>         Cassandra and maybe more.
>       * OSv superior performance for known benchmarks (like netperf)
>       * Different features like OSv CLI, API,  GUI
>       * Deep dive in to our code, if anyone interested
> Please let me know what do you think and what we need to do to make
> this happen.

All the bullet points above are very interesting. I'm unsure about the
format, yet. Basing on what happened last year, people just stop or drop
by at the booth and start asking questions.

It's worthwhile seeing what Lars thinks (and he is traveling right now,
IIRC) but, in my opinion, what would work best would be to have some
(or, if possible) all the above ready to be shown upon request, and do
right that when interested people approaches the booth. Personally, I
think points 1, 2 and 3 would be the ones with the best impact on
(potential) users.

About the timing, I don't know whether we are organizing things in slot
or what... I guess it'd depend on how many demo request we'll get. What
we did last year with the XenOrchestra project was to pickup one hour
(or was it more? I can't remember) during which they were fine with
staying at the booth with us and showing their stuff, as I tried to
explain above... Would this work for you?

Of course we'll have flier etc saying that OSv people will be present at
the booth with something cool to show at that specific time.

> Best Regards (and happy new year!)

Thanks, and the same to you. :-)
Dario