[Xen-users] Something went wrong and now I can't load my domu operating system, please help if you can

Today I booted my domu like normal, but something went wrong. Instead of my login screen loading I was in a terminal. To make matters worse my filesystem was mounted read only. I did some research and found that I could mount my filesystem as read/write by doing sudo -i and then mount -o remount,rw /. This worked for me and I could then run startx again. I made a mistake though. I think I must have misunderstood what I read, because I thought to fix the problem I had to edit /etc/fstab and remove errors=remount-ro. Big mistake. After I rebooted I had the same problem with the filesystem being mounted read only, but now when I do mount -o remount,rw / it doesn't work for me. Now it says Unrecognized mount option "o" or missing value, mount: / not mounted or bad option. I don't know what to do now. I don't know if I can boot a live CD to mess with the files on the drive because it's not a real computer. This problem isn't necessarily Xen related but Xen is complicating the matter. That's why I'm asking here. Please help me if you can, I don't have any backups and I'll be very disappointed if I can't fix this.