Re: [Xen-users] Multithread using pthread in a stubdom

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 21:27 +0100, napster wrote:
> I'm trying to build a stubdom including a simply multithreaded
> application implemented with the pthread libary. Does someone know if
> this is possible with the current version of Xen and its mini-os?

As far as I remember mini-os has a form of cooperative multi threading,
but not POSIX threads. (unless maybe newlib provides that, not sure).

There is a subset of pthreads relating to mutexes etc in
extras/mini-os/include/posix/pthread.h, but not the actual threading
bits.

I don't know how hard it would be to add a pthread veneer over mini-os's
threads, but it might be something worth investigating.

I can't recall having ever seen pthreads patches for mini-os, but you
should probably have a search through the archives and see if there is a
starting point.

There was some stuff recently about BSD rump kernels on mini-os -- I
don't know if that would have included threading primitives.

Ian.