Re: [Xen-users] Having trouble starting pv domU, not sure why.

My system has been crashing frequently after installing the xen package. Even without running any domU's. I look at top when the cpu is racing. I've seen kworker hogging the cpu. I've seen mplayer hogging the cpu. Sometimes when I run htop I see 30 firefox processes but only one in regular top. Haven't had any stability issues without xen, or with the grub option without xen.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Colin Kincaid Williams <discord@xxxxxx> wrote:
No I have not. Furthermore, it seems like dom0 is unstable. I've had the machine lock up a few times when I was using a web browser on dom0, without any domU started. Once I noticed kworker in top hogging the CPU. This never happened when I was running the arch without Xen.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 07:03:48PM -0800, Colin Kincaid Williams wrote:
> I tried adding the extra = "console=hvc0" line to my xl.cfg , but I'm still
> unable to run a centOS 6.5 pv domU from an archlinux dom0.

Have you added an entry in your DomU's inittab to make it spawn a
console for you on hvc0?

Wei.