Re: [Xen-users] Using XEN 4.1 to run Windows 7 DOMU on SERVER1, replicated the HVM to SERVER2 using DRBD. Win7 DOMU doesn't boot in SERVER2 after replication

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 09:35 +0530, kamal kishi wrote:
> As per the DRBD status, yes the whole partition is transferred and
> up-to date.
>

> But one more doubt what I have is as the starting address of the
> partitions of both servers are different, will this cause any issue
> with XEN finding the boot files in the replicated partition.?

I'm not sure what you mean here -- for things to work you *must* arrange
for whatever block device is exposed to be the guest to be
identical/in-sync on both ends.

I don't know much about DRDB but if /dev/drdb0 is the same logical
device on both ends I would hope that it doesn't much care about the
placement of the underlying physical medium used to provide the backing
store on both sides.

> How can I check if the filesystems are present??

fdisk, kpartx, mount, understanding DRBD enough to be sure (or to know
the appropriate tests/techniques, which I don't).

> Is there any info which XEN uses apart from .cfg file for tracking the
> DOM details.?

Runtime stuff is in xenstore.

You didn't answer my question about the disk configuration you are using
in the drdb case.

Ian.