Re: [Xen-users] xen in xen in xen....

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:09:26 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:12:18 +0000

My findings a while back were that at 1st level you should expect a 20%
performance drop (Note: Xen beats the competition here - other hypervisors do
worse.).

More details here:
http://www.altechnative.net/2012/08/04/virtual-performance-part-1-vmware/

I am not sure what the overhead scaling is when nesting - it could be close to
linear (multiply by 0.8 for each layer) or it could be worse due to greater
cache contention and increased context switching.