Re: [Xen-users] static Ip to DomU

Dear Ian,

really appreciate your wise reply .. am really grateful to all u guys and
sorry for lots of postings.
As I mentioned before I have centos 6.5 X64 xen server 6.5 and has installed
xen as per
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/Xen4QuickStart &
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-xen-on-centos-6.3-x86_64-paravirtualization-and-hardware-virtualization
my xen version is
---
virsh # version
Compiled against library: libvirt 0.10.2
Using library: libvirt 0.10.2
Using API: Xen 0.10.2
Running hypervisor: Xen 4.2.0
---

as i said before my xen Guest cannot reach outside DOM0.
Now I deleted all the vm and created 2 new Centos 6.5 Guests through
graphical utility virt-manager

For the first guest I choose the option for network as host device eth1 (
bridge 'br1') and assigned ip from the same range as DOM0's br1

the second guest I choose the option Virtual Network 'default':NAT and then
during the installation I let DHCP assign the ip for my Guest centos OS
i found that my guest vm has a ip setting from virbr0 that is 192.168.122.x
.

Now I found that from my first VM can only ping DOM0 br1 ip and nothing else

but from the second VM i can not only ping Dom0 but also any other pc in our
network and also the internet

in virsh command mode i see for my first VM under network interafce

---
<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='00:16:3e:ec:77:8a'/>
      <source bridge='br1'/>
      <script path='/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge'/>
      <target dev='vif1.0'/>
    </interface>
-----

for my second VM which is working perfectly I see under network interafce

----

<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='00:16:3e:4a:e8:8e'/>
      <source bridge='virbr0'/>
      <script path='/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge'/>
      <target dev='vif2.0'/>
    </interface>

----

I am quite confused .. really would appreciate your kind response and help
If any more details are required for troubleshooting it would be my utmost
pleasure to provide them

Sorry once again for all bother

regards

simon