Re: [Xen-users] XEN: bug in vif-bridge script

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 10:06 +0100, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
> I think a suitable fix would be to either entirely remove those two
> lines from the hotplug script,

This would work for vif-bridge, since the Linux bridge will
automatically remove ports when the associated device disappears.

But the openvswitch code perhaps suffers from a similar issue -- since
in that case the ports must be manually removed. Maybe vif-openvswitch
is OK there since the equivalent ovs-vsctl call will succeed, but the
following ip link command won't.

Perhaps this can be made (more) race free in the general case with:
        rc = command
        if rc && device still exists
                log error

if the command fails and the device still exists afterwards then that is
worth reporting. If the command fails and the device disappears between
that and the check, does that matter much?