Re: [Xen-users] Can't reboot Xen Linux DOM0 (UEFI) - 4.4.0-RC6

On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 11:05 +0100, Axel Puschkin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am using Xen 4.4.0-RC6 on a custom Linux 3.13.5 kernel, on-top of a Debian
> Wheezy system.
> The system is booting using a xen.efi - binary.
>
> My hardware:
> Motherboard: Intel DQ87PG (Haswell)
> CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 (non-K)
> Ram: 16GB DDR3
> M4 Crucial SSD
>
> Everything seems to work alright, but I can't reboot the DOM0-system.
> When calling reboot, either by hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL at initramfs-time or by
> typing "init 6" in the running system, it simply hangs (after halting the
> system?).
> The screen is stuck at the following kernel message:
> "reboot: Restarting system"

Is this a Xen message or a dom0 Linux message? I think Linux.

IIRC there should be a Xen message something along the lines of "Dom0
has shutdown, rebooting".

> I tried to add all sorts of reboot=pci, reboot=triple options as kernel
> arguments.

Dom0 kernel command line? Since Xen will be the one which physically
reboots the system you probably want to look at the equivalent Xen
options.

Ian.