Re: [Xen-users] VGA passthrough with Xen 4.3 and xl toolstack - performance degradation resolved?

  • To: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "H. Sieger" <powerhouse.linux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:26:52 +0000

Thanks for the detailed reply, Gordon. Very helpful!

Can someone tell me which Xen release implements reinitializing passed through devices to fix the AMD driver bug when rebooting the domU?

I believe I read somewhere that perhaps a new AMD graphics card driver might solve the issue. Does anybody know about that?

It's quite strange that on one side AMD supports VGA passthrough (a lot more than Nvidia does), but on the other side they haven't fixed their Windows driver to properly reset the card (at least that is how I understand it).

This domU reboot issue with xl has been around for some time and I was hoping that some fix has trickled into a recent Xen release or AMD driver release.