Re: [Xen-users] USB Controller Errors with Xen; Possibly APIC or ACPI Related?

On 3/6/2014 2:38 PM, Joshua Whitehead wrote:
> Hello all, this is my first time posting to the list, so please bear with me.
>
> I'm currently working on a Xen installation on an HP laptop and I've come
> across
> an issue with which I've not personally had any experience.  Some quick info
> on
> the setup:
>
> OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS fully updated
> Linux Kernel: 3.11.0-17-genric
> Attempted on: Xen 4.2.1, Xen 4.3, and Xen 4.5-unstable
> Laptop: HP Envy with Core i7-4700MQ,
>       Intel motherboard, "Insyde" BIOS version F.43 (just updated)
>
> The laptop boots normally into Ubuntu without any issues, but when running Xen
> there is a pause during boot (at the "bio:create slab" line in the log below)
> and eventually the USB error messages in the Linux boot listing appear

I was looking in to this some more trying to get more debugging information from
Xen itself- one thing I didn't notice with my initial mail in the Xen boot log
was the following message:

(XEN) ACPI Error (tbxfroot-0218): A valid RSDP was not found [20070126]

I'm assuming that's not normal?  My understanding is the the RDSP is the root
pointer for the tree that describes the entire system configuration, so not
finding one would be rather problematic.  I would think this would also explain
why Xen only brings up 1 PCPU.

I have attached my Xen boot log for reference, the above error is on line 29.
If anyone had some further insight into this I would greatly appreciate it, I'm
happy to provide any other information that may be relevant.  Thank you for your
time.

- Joshua Whitehead