Re: [Xen-users] Slow domUs after upgrading XEN and Debian

I'm sorry

I had the my domU's root partition mounted with the "sync" options.

Changing to "async" resolved my problem.

Thanks

I forgot to mention...

All of them are paravirts.

Thanks

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 12:46 -0300, Luis Roberto Romano wrote:
> Hi.
>

> 2 years ago, I installed XEN 3.2 in Debian 6 and a domU (Debian 6
> too).
>
> A few days ago, I did an upgrade to XEN 4.0 and Debian 7.4. I did an
> upgrade in the  domU too.
>
> Everything seemed to be ok. The upgraded domU keeps working fine.
>
> I created 2 new domUs in XEN 4.0 on Debian 7.4
>
> These 2 domUs work slow in disk operations (specially, when unpacking
> apt packages).
>

> Any suggestion??

Are the new VMs perhaps HVM ones with no PV drivers?

Ian.

Luis R. Romano
Ingeniero en Computación.

Twitter: @luirro777