Re: [Xen-users] xen, efi and grub2 on gentoo . No console will be availible to OS

On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 07:22 -0300, Facundo Curti wrote:
> Hi all! Im new in list and xen world. I hope to make my first install
> successfully :). As title suggest, I have a gentoo PC with uefi, grub2
> and xen. When I try to boot the system, it says "WARNING: No console
> will be available to OS". Stays there a few seconds, and then
> restarts, making a infinity bucle. I can boot the system from a USB
> booteable, selecting to boot from my current kernel (without xen).
>

> I was searching on Internet, and old mail lists, and this is a common
> problem (see links [1-4] at the end). But I didnt find a way to fix
> it :/

It is not possible to boot EFI Xen via grub. You should instead boot it
direct from the EFI shell.

http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/efi.html has some
documentation for the config file which Xen expects when booting in this
mode.

Daniel Kiper is working with grub upstream to make a version of
multiboot which is compatible with EFI for use when booting Xen via grub
on such systems. AFAIK it is not complete.

Ian.