[Xen-users] Issues with PCI passthrough to a PV guest

Hello everyone!
I'm having troubles passing an ethernet card to a PV guest, the Dom0
and DomU are both 64 bit Ubuntu 13.10 (Linux 3.11.0-18) and I'm using
Xen 4.3, I'm trying to assign it with xl commands: xl pci-detach 0
pci's bdf, xl pci-assignable-add pci's bdf, xl pci-attach 1 (DomU,
whatever it is listed as) pci's bdf OR adding
"pci=['pci'sbdf',permissive=1'] (and iommu=soft) to the DomU's config
file. Assigning the device itself goes fine but the DomU either can't
see it (if I use Ubuntu 10.04, which I did just to see if another
version could have a different mileage) or can't use it. Whatever it
does if I actually "use" the device (i.e. connect it to my router, of
course it doesn't do anything even if it's actually connected) and
later shut the domain down by any means (kill, shutdown, or anything
else) the whole system will freeze, without any apparent reason, this
includes the Dom0.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Anything that is wrong with Xen,
the Linux kernel, my computer or anything else?

It might be worth noting that:
The machine is a laptop.
It doesn't have IOMMU but it does have VT-X (although I'm not sure
this should matter).
l'm trying to pass a NVidia MCP77 Ethernet controller.
At least one other device gets passed through fine (that is the
computer's audio card, which was the first device that popped up when
I tried to pick one up to see if I would have the same problems).
Xen-Pciback is loaded after Dom0 has booted using modprobe.

Any help will be much appreciated, and if you need any other data to
look at in order to help me please do let me know.