Re: [Xen-users] XL ballooning issue with 96gb VM

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 10:04 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 12:59 -0700, Saurabh Mishra wrote:
>

> > We are using Xen 4.2.4
>

> > lc-1:~ # xl list
> > Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> > Time(s)
> > Domain-0                                     0  8151     4     r-----
> > 1681.3
> > pvm-01-1                                     1  8187     4     -b----
> > 256.4
> > pool1-slot1                                  2 98299    32     -b----
> > 81.6
>
> Here you have 2 ~8GB guest domains and one ~96GB domain, which is a
> total of 112GB. On your 132GB host that leaves 36GB spare, which is
> probably why starting a 96GB guest fails (the error message could be
> clearer, you might have found an additional hint in "xl dmesg").
>
> If the above is anomalous and you think there shou

Gah, I swear I didn't press send there but off it went.

What I was going to say is that if you think there really is enough free
RAM then please can you show us the output of "xl info" and "xl dmesg"
as well as sharing your guest configuration file.

You might also find updating to Xen 4.3.x or Xen 4.4 will help since xl
was much improved in those releases.

Ian.