Re: [Xen-users] swap as memory

On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 14:27 -0500, Jaime Ochoa MalagÃn wrote:
> Hi,
>

> First, I know there is a bad idea to use swap...
>

> I have a laptop with only 4G of RAM there is not upgradeable...
>

> I have too a SSD that I pretend to use as SWAP... (there is better
> than HD)
>

> There is a option to configure xen in order to dom0 is in charge of
> that memory?
>

> I want that the domU see this swap as a RAM...

Xen has the "xenpaging" feature but it is not really ready for end users
IMHO. Other than that there isn't really much support for backing domU
RAM with a disk.

You could balloon down dom0 so that it is using the swap (as swap) and
use the resulting free RAM to start guests. However depending on how
much swap dom0 is using that could result in pretty poor performance for
dom0 (and perhaps the entire system depending on which services dom0 is
providing in your configuration).

Ian.