Re: [Xen-users] virtualization doesn't work with xen 4.4

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:51:27AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 16:50 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 12:23:08PM +0200, Michael Mair-Keimberger wrote:
> > > Hi lists,
> > >
> > > I've recently updated my xen setup from 4.1 to 4.4. Now it's impossible
> > > for me to start any (basic) vm.
> > > My basic config looks like this atm:
> > >

> > Make sure you don't have any stale files from 4.1. Xen 4.4 has defaulted
> > to install everything under /usr/local/.
>
> If having done that the MMIO issue persists then I think a bug-report to
> xen-devel should be the next step so that the instruction causing the
> MMIO failure can be dealt with.
>
> Ian.

I'm using the distribution packages so there shouldn't be any files
left. Usually portage manages to uninstall all the old files, except
modified configuration files, but since i didn't changed anything and
portage would scream anyway it should be a clean install.
However, there are no files installed under /usr/local. It seems
Gentoo installs xen differently.
The MMIO failure still persist even though i did some tests with other
qemu versions and configuration changes.

Should i open an bug-report upstream and/or on gentoo?

thx
Michael