Re: [Xen-users] xentop missing domain state marker

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 12:16 +0300, Stefan Parvu wrote:
> The problem comes when I load all guests, meaning Im putting some load
> on each guest domain, to simulate some conditions that I will be able to
> measure using xenrec from dom0. During my tests I was able to notice
> this strange thing coming from xentop.

My guess is that under load vcpus are being migrated between pcpus and
that this "being migrated" state is one which isn't described.

> I will repeat the tests and post back xl list during the test. Most
> likely same thing will pop-up.
>

> > I suspect the answer is that there are states between running and
> > blocked which are not seen outside of the hypervisor, are these states
> > transient or constant for a given domain?
>
> Can we somehow get a valid 'NA' if none of the expected values:
>  blocked (b), dying (d), shutdown (s) crashed (c), paused (p), running
> (r) are found ?

"------" pretty much is "NA".

You could propose a patch against
xen.git/xen/common/domctl.c:getdomaininfo() to consider other states the
VPF_blocked as blocked, (list is in xen/include/xen/sched.h) or
introduce a new state to be propagated up to the tools (and patch the
tools to consume it).

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches for hints and tips about
the patch submission process.

Ian.