Re: [Xen-users] Create domU with pciback fails, then my system re-boots! xen-hypervisor-4.3-amd64

OK, a bit more information:

If I go into the BIOS (latest verion: S3200X38.86B.00.00.52) and
disable:

    Intel(R) Virtualization Technology
    Intel(R) VT for Directed I/O
    Multi-Thread Support In MPS table
    Execute Disable Bit

then everything works just as it should do (but of course I don't have
"I/O virtualisation enabled" which was the whole point of the original
exercise).  So it would seem as though there is some horrible
interaction between the Intel BIOS and xen-hypervisor-4.3-amd64
(4.3.0-3+b1).

I have not tried turning off each of the four BIOS items in turn to
see if one in particular causes the problem.  If anyone has any
suggestions or can point me at some further reading I would be very
grateful.  Alternatively, if I need to provide further details I am
very willing to do so.

Best regards,

Jo.