Re: [Xen-users] xendomains migrate exclude

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Torsten Lehmann" <tlehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 18:28:37 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 11 May 2014 16:36:24 +0000

Hallo Ian,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you please verify the following points? (true/false)
1. VMs migrate on "xendomains stop" if set XENDOMAINS_MIGRATE
2. "xendomains" do not using config on_xend_stop/on_xend_start
3. "on_xend_stop" cannot trigger migration (values: ignore|shutdown|suspend)
4. if using managed_vm, xendomains can be safely turned off [3]

> You will almost certainly have to patch the script I think.
I have created a workaround. (see link)
There is no solution that would be worthy to upstream to git, but I can try.

> ... although I'm afraid they would have to be based on something far
> more recent.
ack.

Torsten

draft:
http://www2.fh-lausitz.de/launic/comp/xen/140508.xen.migrate_exclude/140508.xen.diag.migrate_exclude.html

[3] http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3466408
  How to auto start XEN VMs after reboot of DOM 0
   method 1: auto start DomU using legacy configuration files
   method 2: use xend to auto-start DomU's using the information taken
from xend (managed domains)
    the "xendomains" init script can be safely turned off.