Re: [Xen-users] 'tap' VIF / vif-bridge / frob_iptables

Hi,

>> So it seems to only do the 'iptables' stuff for the VIF interface and
>> not the TAP one. And I'm not really sure what's the reasoning behing
>> this. I have FORWARD policy to DROP, so without this, the tap
>> interface can't exchange any packets.
>
> Did this ever used to work for emulated devices? It used to be (several
> releases ago) that the emulated devices weren't even configured by this
> same script (it was /etc/qemu-ifup or something I think).

I don't think so. Previously I had a rule that just allowed all bridged traffic
which is most likely why I never noticed before either ...

> If you have a fix then please submit a patch:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches

Just sent a patch series to xen-devel. First a fix for this and then some other
patches I've been using for a while that can hopefully be merged.

Cheers,

   Sylvain