Re: [Xen-users] Cheap IOMMU hardware and ECC support importance

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:54:25 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 08:55:15 +0000

On 2014-07-09 00:48, lee wrote:
Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

There's also a lack of documentation.  There's a guide for Linux, and
it's two years old.  I still shudder when thinking of the chaotic
documentation xen has and all the unexpected problems I ran into ...

I still dispute the lack of documentation. Just because it's 2 years
old doesn't mean it isn't adequate.

It may still be up to date or not, I can't tell.  That leaves
uncertainty.

BTW, I looked at the guide and it says performance of a RAIDZ-1 will be
very bad with an even number of disks, like four.  I don't have four,
but I might at some time.  How bad would that be?

Not sufficiently bad that you shouldn't use it. While 2^n+m disks is
the optimal configuration, the sub-optimality of other configurations
is vastly overstated.