Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough of HP P420i RAID controller

lee <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Does it work when you don't specify the 'iommu' parameter for dom0 at all?

I tried with a variety of iommu parameter settings including enabling VTd and
with no iommu parameter specified but it didn't help.  The exact same error
messages and symptoms.

lee <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>There was something like 'xen-pciback.permissive=1' for dom0, maybe that
>helps.

Using pciback in permissive mode is one of the first things I tried in case it
was a
problem writing to non-standard parts of the config space.  I used the
following xl syntax:
xl pci-attach <dom-id> '0000:02:00.0,permissive=1'

This made the pciback warnings about config space access disappear but once
again the same error messages and symptoms occurred.

lee <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Other than that, would it hurt anything to let the VM access the volumes
>instead of the controller itself?
I guess you mean pass the disks as VBDs through to the VM?  I'd like to avoid
that if
possible as we're going down a Dom-0 disaggregation route and would like the
physical
disks to be managed by a driver domain.

I've done some more investigation into the problem and seem to have it working
now.  I'll post the findings and changes once I've confirmed them.