[Xen-users] Moving Xen domains from multiple partitions to 1 device

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:10:22 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:11:46 +0000

I have a few very old Xen domU's (xen 3.0.3) that are installed
on three separate partitions with no boot sector inside the VM.
from my Xen config:

disk = [ 'phy:VG3/LV2,sda1,w', 'phy:VG3/LV7,sda2,w','phy:VG3/LV12,sda3,w' ]

I would like to change them to use the xenblk driver (xvda)
and have it so the whole disk is exported to the virtual machine
as a single device, like my newer Xen VM's are.

disk = [ "phy:/dev/VG3/fnpc10x6,xvda,w" ]

Is there a recipe anywhere of how to consolidate three such
partitions into a single logical device with three partitions
and a boot sector, and still get it to boot?

Steve Timm