Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 for FreeBSD or Illumos

Roger Pau Monné wrote:
I haven't seen any questions regarding this on the FreeBSD-Xen mailing
list recently:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-xen/2014-July/thread.html

Odd, I posted something the other day - just looked at the server log, and for some reason it bounced. Guess I don't have so resend at this point.

I have prototype for a FreeBSD Dom0, it is still in the very early
stages, but the code can be found at:

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/royger/freebsd.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pvh_dom0_v5.2

Setting it up is very convoluted right now, I expect it will be much
more easier once the patches are merged and Xen 4.5 is released with
support for running Dom0 PVH.

Does that imply that it might not run pure PV?

One thing I've been wondering is, given the amount of virtualization related functionality that's moving into the Linux Kernel, is that creating divergence that makes it hard to support other kernels (notably BSD* and Illumos?). It sure would be sweet to see Xen on SmartOS.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman