Re: [Xen-users] netback performance

Hi,

Right, traffic not leaving the dom0 seems not to be affected by this - but in this case:

- Two dom0s connected with 10G
- One VM (HVM/PV does not matter) on each dom0
- One vif in each VM

Unidirectional traffic between the two VMs reaches near line rate on mtu 1500 ~800.000 packets pr second.

I tried to tune the netback / dom0 alot, but I never saw a vif doing more than 200.000 pps … ?

Is virtio really that much faster - or am I doing something very wrong with XEN ?

On 23/07/2014, at 16.41.27, Eugene Istomin <e.istomin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

>no reason I know of why Xen also couldn't do it.
We have 12-16 Gb/s for inter-Dom0 VMs, there are no slow network issues related to Xen 4.4 in case of inter-Dom0 & MTU 9000.

---
Best regards,
Eugene Istomin