Re: [Xen-users] [Pkg-xen-devel] Xen 4.4 packaging.

Il 25/07/2014 14:41, Ian Campbell ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 14:09 +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>
>> Is there any chance of having xen updated and well supported in debian 8?
>> Unfortunately, the freeze is approaching but still no news about xen on
>> debian :(
> Please check the pkg-xen-devel archives, Bastian committed the update to
> 4.4 earlier in July. Note that it has moved to git for packaging work
> (as described in the mail to the list).
>
> Ian.

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry, I not received the previous replies about it and I saw new git
repository only now.
From a fast look I saw that xendomains init update is missed, here I did
it and tested if can be useful:
https://github.com/Fantu/pkg-xen/commits/debian-next
Latest seabios 128k dropped xen support:

> seabios (1.7.5-1) unstable; urgency=medium
>
>   * new upstream release
>   * dropped all patches taken from upstream
>   * disabled more features (XEN & USB_UAS) from the 128k bios build to fit
>   * set upstream source URL (Closes: #740471)
>
>  -- Michael Tokarev <mjt@xxxxxxxxxx>  Sat, 31 May 2014 12:29:13 +0400

You can simply change in rules.real:
--with-system-seabios=/usr/share/seabios/bios-256k.bin

When I'll have time I'll help to test the new packages, thanks for your
works.