[Xen-users] HVM and iSCSI

Hi *,

on Xen 4.4.0 I'd like to run a Windows guest whose disk is located on
iSCSI. Can you please give me a hint how to write it in the guest
config file ?

For a PV guest, I say
disk = [ 'script=block-iscsi,vdev=..,target=portal=ip:port,iqn=..,w' ],
and it works fine.

For a HVM guest run from a local disk, I say
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/...,hda,w' ],
and it works fine, too.

If I try to give a block-iscsi disk to a HVM guest
disk = [ 'script=block-iscsi,vdev=hda,target=portal=ip:port,iqn=...' ],
qemu-system-i386 complains:
qemu-system-i386: -drive
file=portal=ip:port,iqn=...,if=ide,index=0,media=disk,format=raw,cache=writeback:
Invalid parameter 'iqn'

I can map the iSCSI disk to a local device on Dom0 using iscsiadm and
then give it to the guest as a local device... but I hope that there
is an easier way, like with the PV guests.

Thanks for your help,

Jan