Re: [Xen-users] problems with citrix-pv-drivers , Windows Xp and Xen-4.3.2

Hi Max,

  Yes, we do now have a sub-project for the Windows PV drivers but as Ian says,
it's not fully set up yet.

> In the meantime you might have more luck on the xsdevel list under the
> www.xenserver.org, since that is where XenServer is developed and the
> drivers used to be included in that umbrella.

  For this query, I think xs-devel is more appropriate.

> Ian.
>
> > and Windows XP SP3 32bit under "opensource" Xen-4.3.2?
> > I have tried the Driver-Package from XCp-0.5 to XCP-1.6 and also from
> XenServer 6.2, but every time with the same result.
> > After Installing and reboot the VM shows the Start-Screen and then reboot
> and reboot until i choose "save start".
> > the last messages in the logÂs are the following for example:
> >
> > XEVTCHN  Notice   SupportedClasses[0] = VIF
> > XEVTCHN  Notice   SyntheticClasses[0] = IFACE
> > XEVTCHN  Notice   InstallDumpDeviceCallback: version mismatch (255 != 1)
> > XEVTCHN  Notice   MapResources: ====>
> > XENUTIL  Notice   HYPERCALL[0]: 23d1000
> > XENUTIL  Notice   PV DRIVERS: VERSION: 6.0.2 BUILD: 56921 (Jun 15
> 2012.03:48:34)
> > XENUTIL  Notice   GetProcessorCount: found 1 vCPUs
> > XENUTIL  Notice   32-bit HVM
> > Citrix Windows PV drivers loaded in guest
> > PV driver build 56921
> > I/O request not ready: 0, ptr: 0, port: 12, data: 45, count: 1, size: 1
> > XENUTIL  Notice   ExpandGrantTable: GRANT TABLE 0: (0 - 511) at F82F2000
> (26d3000)
> > XENUTIL  Notice   XenEnterprise product string is not present
> > XENUTIL  Warning  Using old-style vlapic mapping.
> > XENUTIL  Notice   APIC 0 mapped at 821D3000 (23d3000)
> > XENUTIL  Notice   Feature 4 variant 402 at 806D28CC.
> > XENUTIL  Notice   Feature 4 variant 403 at 806D28DE.
> > XENUTIL  Notice   Feature 4 variant 1 at 806D2872.

The Citrix drivers for XP and Server 2003 are actually distinct from the Xen
Project open source PV drivers, and those are what you have here. Those drivers
are only intended to run in an XCP/XenServer environment as they rely on
certain patches to the hypervisor that XenServer carries. How desperately do
you need to run XP? It is extremely old now and Microsoft terminated extended
support for SP3 back in April. If you can use a newer OS (Vista onwards) then
you can use the new Xen Project drivers, which should be fine in pretty much
any Xen environment.

  Cheers,

    Paul