Re: [Xen-users] How to increase loop device

On 09/12/2014 02:40 PM, josejaviercl wrote:
> I only execute
> [es@es etc]# xm create es02
> Using config file "/etc/xen/es02".
> Error: Device 517 (vbd) could not be connected. Failed to find an unused
> loop device
> [es@es]# cd /dev/loop
> loop0         loop3         loop6
> loop4         loop7         loop-control
> loop1         loop2         loop5
> [es@es]# mknod -m660 /dev/loop8 b 7 8
> [es@es]# cd /dev/loop
> loop0         loop3         loop6
> loop4         loop7         loop-control
> loop1         loop2         loop5         *loop8*
> [es@es]# xm create es02
> Using config file "/etc/xen/es02".
> Started domain es02 (id=32)
>
> but thanks your answer helped me
>

> --

You need to pass max_loop=n to the kernel at boot, where n = maximum number of
loop devices. Another option is to recompile the kernel with
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_MIN_COUNT set to an appropriate value.

Here's an example grub entry from one of my machines...

        multiboot       /boot/xen-4.1.4.gz placeholder dom0_mem=2048M
dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0_vcpus_pin
        module  /boot/vmlinuz-clfs-3.7.1 placeholder root=/dev/sda1 ro
max_loop=32

Regards.

Steve.