[Xen-users] Windows domU: GplPv and/or viridian

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Mike Reardon <mule@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 08:41:17 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:42:47 +0000

Hello all,

I have a couple Windows domUs running, and naturally would like squeeze as much performance out of them as possible.

Right now I'm using GplPv drivers on them, but am curious about setting viridian=1 in the xl config file for each guest, which is currently not set. My question really is whether using GplPv and viridian concurrently would result in a stable configuration (I've read posts about problems with GplPv and Viridian, but those are 5 years old and I am unsure if issues still persist), if using both concurrently will result in the best performance, or if using one or the other would be the best approach.

I appreciate any insight anyone is able to provide. Thank you!