Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.5-unstable, oxenstored cannot start (centos 7, kernel 3.17.0)

On Fri, Oct 10, ÐÑÐÐÐÑÐÐ ÐÑÐÑÐÐ wrote:

> Why does it try to load 'evtchn' when there is just no such module? We
> see that there is the builtin 'xen_evtchn' and no 'evtchn' module. The
> same thing other 'failed' modules.

Those failures are systemd failures. It doesnt care about the fact that
all config files in /usr/lib/modules-load.d/ are generic, for every
possible kernel version and for every possible .config variant. So some
modules are of course missing because they do not exist in upstream
kernel. To avoid that for your own private variant of xen tools use
configure --with-linux-backend-modules="mod1 mod2" to give systemd just
the available modules for your own kernel.

So in my case you say, that I have to configure like this:

./configure --enable-systemd --with-linux-backend-modules="xen_evtchn, \
xen_gntdev, xen_gntalloc, xen_blkback, xen_netback, xen_pciback, \
<missing modules from upstream kernel: usbbk, xen-scsibk, blktap2, blktap>"

Right?

> 2. I did not find any kernel config parameters to build modules: usbbk,
> xen-scsibk,
> blktap2 and blktap. What are these? Where to take them if not from the kernel
> source tree?

Try the openSUSE kernel and they will be there.Â

Sorry, I did not quite understand.. Do you mean I have to take an OpenSUSE
distribuition, install it and try to build xen there?
I took the mainline 3.17.0 kernel from straight from the kernel.org site.
How can this 3.17.0 kernel be 'OpenSUSE kernel' or 'some other
distribution' kernel'?

> Again, I just issued './configure' while building. Maybe I should
> issue the 'configure --enable-systemd' ?
> Is it possible to configure xen build not to use sysV scripts at all and use
> systemd?

Yes, --enable-systemd requires that the tools are started by systemd.
With --disable-systemd xenstored can be started manually with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xencommons start.

Got it! And is there a way to know if '--disable-systemd' is the default option?

> I suppose by drivers you meant all the modules that I have problems with
> I described above?

Since its all compiled into the kernel its likely not a module issue.

Olaf

Thank you,
Grigory.

--