Re: [Xen-users] Xen Source Build and Install

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "David A. Van Arnem" <dvanarnem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 14:41:14 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:42:40 +0000

On 10/17/2014 01:13 PM, Raman Bane wrote:
I am getting following error when I compiled and installed xen 4.1.2 on linux 12.04 LTS server and starting xen Dom 0.
Starting xenstored......FATAL:Failed to open evtchn device:No such file or directory.
xencommons should be started first.

Please give solution

Raman

As the message says, it looks like your xencommons service isn't running and has to be started before you can create domains.  On Fedora/Red Hat distributions this can be done with:

sudo systemctl start xencommons

I'm not sure what the command is for Ubuntu, but Google tells me it might be something like:

sudo /etc/init.d/xencommons start

You'll probably also have to start the xendomains and xen-watchdog services.  I'm not sure if the Ubuntu command will set the services to start automatically on reboot...if not, there are ways to configure them to do so, though I'm unfamiliar with the process on Ubuntu.

David