Re: [Xen-users] DomUs on SSD

Preventing SSDs from wearing out usually comes down to wear levelling, which is (typically) handled by the drive's own controller. In that case, it shouldn't matter how you grant storage to your domU. If you want to use TRIM (which I don't think Ubuntu bothers with by default), using a file backed domU would mean you should enable TRIM on the dom0, and if you pass through the device entirely, then using TRIM on the domU should work.