Re: [Xen-users] Xen Source Build and Install

On Sat, 2014-10-18 at 00:43 +0530, Raman Bane wrote:
> I am getting following error when I compiled and installed xen 4.1.2
> on linux 12.04 LTS server and starting xen Dom 0.
> Starting xenstored......FATAL:Failed to open evtchn device:No such
> file or directory.

This usually means that you haven't got a required kernel .config option
enabled. CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN in this case I think.
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Mainline_Linux_Kernel_Configs#Configuring_the_Kernel_for_dom0_Support
 has a more completely looking list of what is required.

Ian.