Re: [Xen-users] hugepage in xen

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:57:42AM +0800, Taowei Luo wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I just need to confirm a detail on xen implementation. Is xen using
> hugepage automatically when mapping physical address to machine address.
>
> My system is xen4.2 on x86_64 cpu. Both hap and shadow paging mode is used
> in my virtual machines.

Not so sure for 4.2, but I bet it's more or less the same as
xen-unstable. And I only looked at HAP code (to be more precise, EPT
implementation).

In xen-unstable, as far as I'm know, toolstack will try to arrange as
many machine huge pages as possible when creating a guest. However Xen
won't do anything after that.

Wei.