[Xen-users] About pvdriver or PV-on HVM driver

Hi,
    I get a question about the pvdriver which is really confusing me in these days. It's  about how it works. I went through some documents (papers) said that pvdrivers helped transfer data between backends and frontends with grant-table operations like they transferred memory pages (containing data) to complete transmission, or frontends mapped address space of backends so they can directly write data in or read out. However some other docs said that way was already abandoned and now they used shared memory and copied data twice (in and out) to complete transmission.
    Can someone help me about this? I would be much appreciated as it can saves me much time and energy to go deep down to the code myself.

Best regards,
Kenneth