[Xen-users] windows 7 very poor disk performance, no sound

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andy Howell <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:43:50 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:45:13 +0000

Hello,

        I am running xen 4.4 on Ubuntu 14.10. I converted a windows 7 image
that I previously ran
under KVM without problems. To do that I converted with qemu to a raw disk
image.

I then used the virtual machine manager to make an xen VM. It runs, but the
disk io kills
the machine, even when Windows is supposedly idle.

I wanted to give the PV drivers a try, but could not find them. I looked at
http://www.ejbdigital.com.au/1-0-1105/ but don't see windows 7 drivers there. I
don't have
any windows development tools, so building on my own not possible.

Are there PV drivers somewhere else?

Lastly, I couldn't find a sound driver that works. Virtual manager gives a list
of:

ac97, es1370,ich6, pcspk, sb16

Those don't work. Are there other options?