Re: [Xen-users] build xen-4.5.0-rc1 on Debian 8 (Jessie) with systemd

On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 11:18 +0000, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 09:48:01AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2014-11-23 at 23:51 +0000, Mark Pryor wrote:
> >
> > >  cd /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/;sudo ln -s libsystemd-daemon.so.0.0.12
> > > libsystemd-daemon.so
> >
> > If the *.so file is missing from the -dev package then I think that is a
> > Debian bug.
> >
> > However:
> >         $ apt-file search libsystemd-daemon.so
> >         libsystemd-daemon-dev:
> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd-daemon.so
> >

> Though this file is listed by apt-file it doesn't seem to exist.

Ah, I had some Wheezy lines in my apt sources.list but apt-file doesn't
distinguish.

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libsystemd-daemon-dev says:
        This is a compatibility package which provides a .pc file for
        the old library name. That way, packages can be rebuilt against
        the new libsystemd library without requiring changes to existing
        configure scripts.

Our build system appears to be using pkg-config, so I think the
intention is that this should work without needing libsystemd-daemon.so.

I'm not sure if this is our bug or the Debian systemd packages bug, but
I'm certain that it shouldn't be required to manually create symlinks.

Mark, I suppose the contents of your tools/config.log might give us some
clue as to what is going on.

Also what do you get here:
        $ pkg-config --libs libsystemd-daemon
        -lsystemd
        $ pkg-config --cflags libsystemd-daemon

        $

This seems consistent with the package description.

This is on sid,
https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/s/systemd/changelog-215-7
doesn't look like anything relevant has changed though.

Ian.