Re: [Xen-users] Routed Xen networking

On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 13:53 +0000, Phil Lello wrote:

> name = "windows2008"
> vif = [ 'type=ioemu,script=vif-route,ip=A.B.C.46/32,gatewaydev=eth0'

I've not use routing mode very much but
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Networking#Associating_routes_with_virtual_devices
 seems to suggest that you don't need the /32 bit in the above. Not sure if it
is harmful or not.

> Please let me know what else I may need to do,

Have you enabled the sysctls mentioned in
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Host_Configuration/Networking#Routing ?

Since you are running a windows guest, do you have PV drivers installed?
Or if not then is there a vif4.0-emu device in dom0 which isn't being
routed?

If none of that produces any success then my next step would be
traceroute or mtr to see where the pings were actually going, maybe a
spot of tcpdump too.

Ian.