[Xen-users] Xen VMs management in Debian

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Peter Viskup <skupko.sk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:17:08 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 10:17:33 +0000

Dear all,
I'm still running Xen with xm toolstack and xend on Debian Wheezy.
Would like to prepare for migration to xl toolstack in the near future. I'm interested in your experience with user-friendly management interface for managing the Xen VMs.

I was considering to participate on XOA development, but there could be much better approach or complete solution (I'm not aware of) available already.

The Debian XCP is quite old and looks like porting XCP to Debian is stopped already (xcp packages removed from testing and unstable). The major limitation of Debian's XCP for me there is that I'm not able to extend virtual disks (LVM based) without reboot of VM. And I don't like the networking management in XCP too much.

The requirements:
Â- web based preffered
Â- easy access to console
Â- multiuser with list of VMs the user can manage

I'm still deciding on migration to XenServer + XOA as one of the possibilities.

Will appreciate all your inputs.

Best regards,
--
Peter Viskup